The Wall Street Journal. Complete Retirement Guidebook: How to Plan It, Live It and Enjoy It (Paperback)
As you think about retirement, you’ve got facts to face, planning to do, decisions to make and numbers to crunch. With the experts at The Wall Street Journal to guide you, you’ll learn how to tailor a financial plan for the lifestyle you want.
• Answers your biggest question—How big does my nest egg need to be?—by linking it to your particular hopes for how you want to spend your days in retirement
• Shows how to translate your dreams and interests into daily activities, whether traveling, opening a business, volunteering or going back to school
• Provides a timeline for decisions to make and steps to take ten years, five years and one year before you retire
• Offers tips on investing wisely and working with the right financial adviser
• Tells you how to maximize your benefits from Social Security and Medicare
• Guides you through the intricacies of 401(k)s, IRAs, annuities and other financial tools and resources
Today, the average person can expect to spend two decades in retirement—why leave it to chance? For all of its changes and challenges, a well-planned retirement could very well be the best part of your life.
About the Author
GLENN RUFFENACH developed and now edits “Encore,” The Wall Street Journal’s bimonthly guide to retirement planning and living.
KELLY GREENE has covered retirement planning since 2001 as a staff reporter at The Wall Street Journal, where she works for “Encore” and writes a weekly retirement column.