The Medicine Wheel Garden: Creating Sacred Space for Healing, Celebration, and Tranquillity (Paperback)
The American Indian medicine wheel was an ancient way of creating sacred space and calling forth the healing energies of nature. Now, drawing on a lifetime of study with native healers, herbalist and ethnobotanist E. Barrie Kavasch offers a step-by-step guide to bringing this beautiful tradition into your own life--from vibrantly colorful outdoor circle designs to miniature dish, windowsill, or home altar adaptations. Inside you’ll find:
• Planting guides for medicine wheel gardens in every zone, from desert Southwest to northern woodlands
• A beautifully illustrated encyclopedia of 50 key healing herbs, including propagation needs, traditional and modern uses, and cautions
• Easy-to-follow herbal recipes, from teas and tonics to skin creams and soaps--plus delicious healing foods
• Ideas for herbal crafts and ceremonial objects, including smudge sticks, wind horses, prayer ties, and spirit shields
• Seasonal rituals, offerings, and meditations to bless and empower your garden and your friends, and much more
Practical, beautiful, and inspiring, The Medicine Wheel Garden leads us on a powerful journey to rediscovering the sacred in everyday life as we cultivate our gardens . . . and our souls.
Praise for The Medicine Wheel Garden: Creating Sacred Space for Healing, Celebration, and Tranquillity…
"There is food for the body and food for the spirit. Barrie Kavasch offers both."
--Kenneth Little Hawk, Micmac-Mohawk storyteller and musician