THE ONE GUIDE MOST PEDIATRICIANS RECOMMEND
From the American Academy of Pediatrics—the nation’s most trusted name in child care—Your Baby’s First Year is the definitive all-in-one guide to caring for your infant. Revised and updated, including two new chapters on sleep and allergies, Your Baby’s First Year provides authoritative advice on all aspects of infant care, including
• expanded sections on raising twins, multiples, and children with autism
• new material on prebiotics, probiotics, and the Tdap vaccine
• a month-to-month guide to your baby’s first year with vital facts on growth, behavior, and development
• a complete health encyclopedia covering illnesses, injuries, and disabilities
• advice on breastfeeding, bottle-feeding, and introducing solids
• guidelines for choosing a child care provider
• safety checks for home and car, including a car safety seat shopping guide
• And much more
Comprehensive, reassuring, and up-to-date, Your Baby’s First Year is an indispensable guide for all parents who want to provide the very best care for their baby.
About the Author
Steven P. Shelov, M.D., M.S., F.A.A.P., pioneered and developed several of the parenting publications for the American Academy of Pediatrics, including Caring for Your Baby and Young Child, The First Year of Life, and A Guide to Your Child’s Symptoms. In 2002, he was presented with the Lifetime Achievement in Education Award by the AAP, its highest award for pediatric education. In 2009, Dr. Shelov received the Clifford G. Grulee Award, recognizing his outstanding service to the AAP.
The American Academy of Pediatrics is an organization of 60,000 primary care pediatricians, pediatric medical subspecialists, and pediatric specialists dedicated to the health, safety, and well-being of infants, children, adolescents, and young adults.