In this timely First Time Book®, the Berenstains once again prove they have their paws on the pulse of America! Mama and Papa Bear are stunned when they receive a letter from Brother Bear's teacher. Even though Brother Bear sits down diligently every night with an open notebook, he has not been completing his homework assignments. After taking a closer look, Mama and Papa realize that there's a whole lot of competition going on for Brother's attention. He's watching TV, listening to his boom box, talking on the cell phone, and playing a video game. Join in the fun and learning as the subject of multimedia distraction is tackled with wit, wisdom, and aplomb.
About the Author
* Stan and Jan Berenstain were both born in 1923 in Philadelphia. They didn't know each other as children, but met later at school, at the Philadelphia College of Art. They liked each other right away, and found out that the both enjoyed the same kinds of books, plays, music and art.
* During World War II, Stan was a medical assistant in the Army, and Jan worked in an airplane factory. When the war was over, they got married and began to work together as artists and writers, primarily drawing cartoons for popular magazines.
* After having their two sons Leo and Michael, the Berenstains decided to write some funny children's books that their children and other children could read and enjoy.
* Their first published children's book was called The Big Honey Hunt . It was about a family of bears, who later became known as the "Berenstain Bears".
* Over 50 children's books later, Stan and Jan still plan all of their books together -- both write the stories, and both write the pictures. They live outside of Philadelphia in the country.