The Art of the Photograph: Essential Habits for Stronger Compositions (Paperback)
Featuring more than 200 of master photographer Art Wolfe's stunning images, The Art of the Photograph helps amateur photographers of all levels break bad habits and shatter common yet incorrect assumptions that hold many photographers back and, transforming your photography in the process. This is Wolfe’s ultimate master class, sharing the most important insights and techniques learned in four decades of award-winning photography. Along with co-author Rob Sheppard, Wolfe challenges us to stop focusing on subjects we feel we should photograph and instead, to “see like a camera sees,” seek out a personal point of view, and construct stunning, meaningful images. You’ll also learn how to:
· Reexamine prejudices that define (and limit) what you photograph
· See beyond the subject to let light and shadow lead you to the right image
· Find inspiration, including the story behind Wolfe's own photographic journey.
· Use formal art principles to build more compelling images.
· Choose the right camera and lens for the image you see in your mind's eye.
· Recognize the 10 deadly sins of composition—and how to avoid them.
· …and even get a behind-the-lens look at Wolfe’s equipment and workflow.
About the Author
ART WOLFE's stunning images are recognized throughout the world for their mastery of color, composition, and perspective. Wolfe is a recipient of the Photographic Society of America's Progress Medal and the coveted Alfred Eisenstaedt Magazine Photography Award, as well as a Lifetime Achievement award by the North American Nature Photography Association. Wolfe's television series, Art Wolfe's Travels to the Edge, airs on PBS stations throughout the country. He is also a popular speaker for such companies as Microsoft, IBM, and Sheraton Hotels. He can be found at artwolfe.com as well as on Facebook and Twitter. MARTHA HILL is a freelance writer and the former photo editor of Audubon magazine. TIM GREY is regarded as one of the top educators in digital imaging, having written more than a dozen books and hundreds of articles. He can be found at timgrey.com.
Praise for The Art of the Photograph: Essential Habits for Stronger Compositions…
“Art Wolfe is a virtuoso.”