Living with Chronic Pain, Second Edition: The Complete Health Guide to the Causes and Treatment of Chronic Pain (Paperback)
Chronic pain is a condition that afflicts over 50 million Americans.
Chronic pain can be a symptom of a variety of illnesses, injuries, or chronic conditions. From back pain to migraine headaches to arthritis, from sports injuries to cancer, chronic pain can afflict anyone at any age. It is one of the most frequently under-treated conditions and, even worse, many doctors simply ignore it.
Chronic pain specialist Dr. Jennifer Schneider offers expert advice and guidance to the millions of Americans who suffer with chronic pain.
In Living with Chronic Pain you’ll learn:
* How to choose a pain specialist doctor
* The latest information on the warnings and recalls of popular Cox-2 inhibitor and NSAID painkillers such as Vioxx.
* The truth about opioids and why they are under-prescribed
* The most up-to-date non-drug approaches to pain management including physical therapy, massage therapy, acupuncture, brain stimulation, biofeedback, counseling and more
* Details on clinical trials, the new analgesics and cutting-edge endorphin research
Now updated with the latest information about medications and treatments, the second edition of Living with Chronic Pain is essential reading for anyone suffering with or treating this debilitating condition.
About the Author
Jennifer P. Schneider, M.D., Ph.D., is a nationally recognized expert in pain management medicine. She is certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, the American Academy of Pain Management and the American Society of Addiction Medicine. She is the author of seven books and numerous articles in professional journals and frequently lectures to physicians, nurses, counselors, and other healthcare professionals about pain management. She has been a guest on numerous national radio and television shows such as The Oprah Winfrey Show. She is in private practice in Tucson, Arizona.