Long out of print, the definitive Christmas anthology is back...deeply revised with new images, recipes, jacket, and introduction. Lavishly illustrated throughout with nineteenth- and twentieth-century artwork, this book is everything you want Christmas to be — loving, warm and celebratory. Timeless and adorable, beautifully designed, The Little Big Book of Christmas is a great big stocky little book—stuffed with stories to read, carols to sing, biblical verse to share, recipes to make and bake, and Christmas history and lore to learn.
Inside you'll find:
· Gospel stories, including those of St. Luke and St. Matthew.
· Poetry of William Shakespeare, John Milton, Robert Frost, Clement Clarke Moore, Ogden Nash, W. H. Auden, and Lewis Carroll.
· Stories from Louisa May Alcott, Hans Christian Andersen, Charles Dickens, O. Henry, Langston Hughes, Norman Vincent Peale, Lincoln Steffens, and Selma Lagerlof.
· Christmas lore from Dorothy Thompson, Norman Vincent Peale, and Francis P. Church.
· Carols galore including "O Little Town of Bethlehem," "Silent Night," "The First Noel," "Joy to the World," and "The Twelve Days of Christmas."
· The best holiday recipes, including New England Eggnog, Classic Sugar Cookies, Hot Chocolate with Peppermint Sticks, A Brownie Christmas Tree, Swedish Gingerbread Cookies, Refrigerator Cookies, and Scandinavian Glogg.
About the Author
LENA TABORI is publisher of Welcome Books. She has conceived and edited numerous titles, including The Little Big Book for Moms, The Little Big Book for Grandmothers, and Love: A Celebration in Art and Literature (STC).